Amplify Alerts offer our members a wide variety of options designed to keep them informed on their account activity. Members can set General Alerts pertaining to credits, debits, insufficient funds, and other transactions across all their accounts. In this section, we will explore how to add and customize alerts in online banking.
- Most account alerts can be set by clicking on Alerts in the online banking sidebar.
- Transactions initiated within Amplify’s online banking, such as external transfer alerts, are located under Security Alerts in the Settings menu.
- With the updates to External Transfers in online banking, alerts have been moved from account alerts to online transaction alerts.
How Do I Set Up Account Alerts in Online Banking?
Most account alerts can be set up by visiting the Alerts menu in online banking. Account alerts are based on either the status of your account or transactions that post to it outside of online banking. Examples can include account balance notifications (above or below a threshold), debit card transactions, insufficient funds, and notifications that your loan payments are due.
These do not include transactions initiated from within online banking. You will only be able to create account alerts on an account you are the primary owner of. These accounts will be listed below the General Alerts For All Accounts section. If you do not see an account listed below, you will not receive a General Alert for that account. Please contact Amplify for more information.
Follow the steps below to create, modify, or deactivate account alerts on your Amplify Credit Union account.
- Log in to online banking from the Amplify homepage.
- Click Alerts in the online banking sidebar. This will open a new screen.
- Click Manage Alerts in the Alerts drop-down field.
- Click on the plus sign on the left-hand side of the screen to open additional alert details.
- Some alerts will let you select a minimum balance to trigger the alert.
- You can also select the delivery method (email, text, etc.) by checking the relevant box.
- Click the Save Changes button.
- Toggle the button to the right of the alert to activate or deactivate each alert.
In some cases, you may wish to add a new recipient to an alert. This can also be done easily in online banking.
- Click Add Recipient in the Settings drop-down field.
- If you select Email in the Type drop-down field, then:
- Enter the recipient name in the Name field.
- Enter the recipient email in the Email Address field.
- Confirm the recipient email in the Confirm Email Address field.
- If you select Mobile Phone in the Type drop-down field, then:
- Enter the device name in the Device Name field.
- Enter the phone number in the Phone Number field.
- Confirm the phone number in the Confirm Phone Number field.
- Select the service provider from the Service Provider drop-down menu.
- Click Save Changes.
This recipient will now be available in each of the alert details screens.
How Do I Create Online Transaction Alerts?
Online Transaction Alerts are for transactions initiated within Amplify’s online banking platform. Examples include external transfers, recurring transfers, and loan payments. With our new external transfer process, external transfer alerts will no longer be included in Automatic Withdrawal notifications in our Account Alerts.
Each transaction type, account, and transaction status alert will need to be setup separately. From here, you can be alerted if an online transaction has been Processed successfully, Failed, or a new transaction has been Authorized. Follow the steps below to create, modify, or deactivate Online Transaction Alerts.
- Click Security Alerts in the Settings drop-down field.
- Click the New Alert button in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Click Online Transaction Alert in the pop-up menu that appears.
- Select the preferred Transaction and Status options from the two drop-down fields.
- Select your preferred Alert Delivery Method options.
Have questions about your transaction options? For more information, please visit the following articles in the Amplify Help Center.
- Making Your Next Loan Payment
- Transferring Money Between Accounts
- Transferring Money to an External Account