Like most Americans, you may be under the impression that it is difficult to become a member of your local credit union. While there are credit union eligibility factors you must meet before you can open a checking or savings account, these requirements are not designed to keep people out. Instead, they ensure that our members have a long-term financial stake in the community we serve.
In this section, we'll discuss the membership requirements for Amplify and explain why your family members are also eligible to join.
- To join Amplify Credit Union, you must live, work, worship, or study in Travis, Hays, Caldwell, Williamson, or Bastrop county. You can also be a member of the Texas Consumer Council or the American Red Cross Central and South Texas Region.
Who Is Eligible To Join Amplify Credit Union?
The Amplify charter opens up membership to anyone who lives, works, worships, or studies in Travis, Hays, Caldwell, Williamson, or Bastrop county. Under these criteria, there are countless ways for someone to be eligible to join our credit union.
- Are you a student at any of the eight University of Texas System locations?
- Do you work full-time at a start-up in downtown Austin?
- Are you a freelance photographer who shoots weddings in Round Rock?
- Do you attend church or temple every Sunday in Cedar Park?
If any of these conditions apply to you, then you are eligible to join Amplify Credit Union! Please note that you only need to meet one of these conditions to be eligible. If you commute into one of the five eligible counties for work, or study in Austin but make your full-time residence elsewhere, you are still eligible.
What If I Don't Meet Amplify's Location Requirements?
While most Amplify members live, work, worship, or study in one of the five Austin counties mentioned above, some members qualify from participation in another organization. Members in good standing with the following organizations are automatically eligible to join Amplify Credit Union .
- American Red Cross Central and South Texas Region. Registered American Red Cross volunteers are eligible to join Amplify Credit Union. To become an American Red Cross volunteer, visit the Central and South Texas Region website.
- Texas Consumer Council. The American Consumer Council (ACC) is a non-profit consumer education program that partners with credit unions across the country. If you have purchased a major consumer product of service in the past three years, you are eligible to join the Texas Consumer Council. Please note that the ACC defines major consumer products as motor vehicles, housing, medical services, financial services, insurance, education, transportation, personal services, apparel, recreation, and communications or technology equipment. Visit the American Consumer Council website for more information.
If I Am an Amplify Credit Union Member, Can My Family Join?
Once you are a member in good standing with Amplify, your direct family members are eligible to join even if they do not otherwise meet the eligibility requirements. This includes:
- Siblings and stepsiblings.
- Children and stepchildren.
- Parents and stepparents.
- Adoptive relationships.
Does My Amplify Credit Union Membership Expire?
Once you're part of our member family, you're always a member, even if you move, change jobs, or graduate. Family is for life!