If you’re opening a new account at Amplify using an external account, then your first step is to verify that account. This verification is known as a micro-deposit verification. In this article, we’ll go over how to verify your external account using micro-deposit verification.
- Amplify will send two micro-deposits to your external account for the verification process.
- You will enter the amounts of these micro-deposits into Amplify’s Verify Deposit tool.
- Our system performs this verification to ensure secure transmittance of funds.
How Do I Complete a Micro-Deposit Verification?
When you’ve completed your application and have chosen to deposit funds to your Amplify account from an external bank or credit union, the micro-deposit verification will begin. You’ll see two micro-deposits in your external account within one or two business days of your application being received.
These micro-deposits will expire 10 calendar days from your application date. Once these deposits have appeared in your external account, click the link below to access our online tool and follow these steps.
From the Check Status landing page, complete the fields as follows:
- Enter the last name provided on your application in the Last Name field.
- Enter the email provided on your application in the email field.
- Enter your full social security number in the SSN field.
Finally, click the Get Status button at the bottom of the page. It may take a few minutes to load your application details.
Existing Amplify members can locate their applications directly within Online Banking by using the Application Status link found under the Apply / Open menu.
- Click Verify Deposit.
- If you have multiple applications from the last 90 days, ensure you select this option under the correct Account Application Number.
- Enter the micro-deposit amounts as they appear in your external account In the Deposit Amount 1 and Deposit Amount 2 fields.
- Click the Confirm button at the bottom of the page.
The ACH Account Verification will confirm the verification was successful if the correct micro-deposit amounts were entered. If the amounts entered were incorrect, you will have two more attempts before the application is canceled for not being able to verify the external account.