While mobile and online banking have made managing your accounts fast and easy, sometimes there’s no beating the convenience of a phone call. That’s why Amplify Credit Union continues to make important improvement to our automated phone system. In this section, we will explain how to dial in and access your account and transaction history.
- You can enroll in our phone system by calling (512) 836-5901 or (800) 237-5087.
- You will need to provide the account information requested by the phone system and create a personal identification number (PIN).
- Our phone system will provide you with the five most recent transactions on your account.
- Using the phone system will help you connect to an Amplify team member faster than ever.
- You can also use the phone system to access your account information outside of Amplify’s business hours.
Did Amplify Change Its Phone System?
On Monday, March 15, Amplify Credit Union will switched to a new phone banking system. This new system will make it easier for members to check their balance or transaction history, even while waiting to speak with a Contact Center representative. It also simplifies the login process, which makes it easier than ever to access your account information by phone.
In addition to easy account access, Amplify’s new phone system will decrease the amount of time it takes to connect to a team member. Once you’re connected, using our new phone system can even help you spend less time on the phone.
Unfortunately, this new phone system does not allow members to make manual transfers. To initiate a transfer from your Amplify account over the phone, you will now need to speak with a Contact Center representative. As always, you can request a callback from a team member at your convenience.
How Do I Enroll in the Phone System?
Amplify’s new phone system allows members to check their account balances and transaction history in just a few short keystrokes. Here are the steps to follow.
- Call our Contact Center at (512) 836-5901 or (800) 237-5087.
- Press 1 to indicate that you are a current member.
- Press the number that corresponds with your desired support and follow the subsequent prompts. You will be prompted by a new introduction noting that we’ve recently made changes to better the member experience.
From here, our phone system will provide you the option to use your member number to check your account information. If this is your first time logging into our phone system, you will be asked to enroll. The phone system will walk you through what information is required.
Finally, select a PIN to complete your enrollment. This four-to-six-digit number should be something easy to memorize but not associated with existing account details or records (to help avoid unwanted access to your account history).
How to Use Amplify’s New Phone System
Once enrolled, the phone system will present you with a list of account types that apply to your membership.
- Press the number that corresponds to your desired account type (such as checking, savings, or loan accounts).
- Once you select the account type, the phone system will provide the last six digits of your account number. If you have multiple accounts of a certain type—such as three checking accounts—you can cycle through them by pressing 2 on your touchpad. Press 1 to select your desired account.
- Once the phone system provides the balance and transactions, you may select another account to listen to, request a Contact Center representative, or disconnect the call.
Once you enroll in the phone system, you will not be asked to provide your birth date or ZIP code on subsequent calls from the same number. If you are calling from a different number, however, you will need to provide your member number and PIN.
What Information Can I Access in the Phone System?
In addition to your account balances, our phone system will provide you with the five most recent transactions associated with your account within the past 14 days. In addition to providing transaction history, the phone system can also provide helpful information for loan accounts—such as payment amount, due date, and even a payoff quote. This phone system information is available to members even outside of our standard business hours.
If you need additional information, you can press 0 at any time to speak with a Contact Center representative during Amplify business hours.
How Does the Phone System Help Me Save Time?
When you enter your information into the new phone system, Amplify will use this information to authenticate your identity. Therefore, if you request to speak with a Contact Center representative by pressing 0, you’ll be able to connect with one faster as an authenticated user. As a result, you’ll spend less time getting verified and move right to the business at hand.