For most people, a wire transfer is an uncommon event. This can make filling out a wire transfer form for the first time a confusing process. Thankfully, the team at Amplify Credit Union has broken this form down into an easy-to-understand guide. In this article, we’ll provide you with the exact information you’ll need to complete a wire transfer form correctly the first time.
- Before initiating a wire transfer, you will need your account information and the account information for the recipient of the wire transfer.
- You will also need the routing or ABA number, name, and address of the financial institution receiving the wire transfer.
- Certain financial institutions have routing or ABA numbers associated with wire transfers, so make sure you collect accurate information from the wire transfer recipient.
General Wire Transfer Information
Even before you start to fill out the wire transfer form, it is important that you know the logistics associated with the transfer itself. While most of the information below can be found in our Completing a Wire Transfer article, we encourage you to read through it again. This will prevent you from making errors associated with transfer limits or timelines.
- The outgoing cut-off time for wire transfers is 2:00 PM CST Monday – Friday.
- Incoming Wires are processed at 9:00 AM, 11:00 AM, 1:00 PM, 3:00 PM, and 5:00 PM CST.
- Wire Transfer Agreements are needed for any wire over $200,000.
- The total wire amount including the fee must be available in the account.
- If your non-Amplify financial institution has a routing or ABA number for wire processing, that number must be included in the transfer information.
How Do I Complete the Wire Transfer Form?
Over the next few sections, we will break down the information needed in each of the fields on the domestic wire transfer form. As you can see on the visual reference, each field corresponds to one of the items in the list below.
Transfer type and amounts
In this section, you will provide a few key pieces of information about your wire transfer, including the amount and reason for the transfer. The team at Amplify will update the transfer location, date, and fee fields prior to sending you the DocuSign.
- Add a brief purpose for the wire transfer in Purpose of Wire field.
- Add the amount to be wired in the Wire Transfer Amount field.
In this section, you will provide your Amplify member information as it appears on your account.
- Add the full account number the wire is being withdrawn from in the Full Account Number to Debit field.
- Add the name of the account owner in the Account Name field.
- Add the name of the account owner who is initiating the wire transfer in the Wire Requested By field.
- Add the phone number of the account owner in the Best Contact Phone field. This number must match the phone number associated with the member’s account.
- Add the address of the account owner in the Street Address, City, State, and Zip fields. This address must also match the address associated with the member’s account.
In this section, you will add the information for the person or entity receiving the transfer.
- Add the account number for the person or business receiving the transfer (recipient) in the Account Number to Credit field.
- Add the name of the recipient in the Account Name field.
- Add the address of the recipient in the Street Address, City, and State fields.
- Add the phone number of the recipient in the Telephone field.
Receiving bank information
In this section, you will add the information for the financial institution receiving the wire transfer. Remember, certain financial institutions have routing and ABA numbers that are only associated with wire transfers, so have the other party doublecheck their bank information.
- Add the routing or ABA number for the financial institution receiving the transfer in the ABA Number field.
- Add the name of the financial institution listed above in the Bank Name field.
- Add the address of the financial institution listed above Street Address, City, and State fields.
In this section, you will write in any additional information the recipient has requested as part of the wire transfer. This is the only field in the wire transfer document that can be left blank.
- Write out any addition information requested by the recipient or the financial institution receiving the transfer in the Any Additional Instruction field.
- Example of additional information includes title company file numbers, reference names or numbers, invoice numbers, and more.
In this section, the person completing the wire transfer will authorize the transaction with their signature and identifying information.
- Add the physical signature of the person completing the wire transfer in the Member Signature field. If this form is being completed through DocuSign, an electronic signature is acceptable.
- Add the date the wire transfer is being initiated in the Date field.
- Add the ID type – such as a driver’s license or passport – and the ID number in the ID Type & ID Number field.
- Add the expiration date for the ID type listed above in the Expiration Date field.