As part of our commitment to member security, our team regularly updates our data collection to better align with industry best practices. Effective March 28, 2023, Amplify will implement account masking for all new transactions that appear in our online banking and statement platforms. In this article, we’ll explain the benefits of account masking and highlight some of the changes our members will see to their account information.
- Amplify will introduce account masking for all new transactions beginning on March 28.
- Account masking hides or restricts sensitive personal information such as account numbers or credit card numbers.
- Account masking adds an extra level of both security and privacy to your accounts.
What is account masking?
Account masking is a technique used to hide or restrict sensitive personal information. Amplify uses account masking to hide member information related to account numbers, credit card numbers, social security numbers, email addresses, and phone numbers.
How does account masking work?
The primary goal of account masking is to obscure the full information of your account. This process replaces the original sensitive information with a placeholder value - such as asterisks or dashes – to make the information unreadable and unintelligible to unauthorized parties.
What are the benefits of account masking?
By removing the full details of your account information, account masking will play a critical role in the data security of our members. The benefits of account masking include:
- Enhanced security. Masking sensitive information makes it harder for fraudsters to access your account information in the case of data breaches or identity theft.
- Improved privacy. With only partial numbers available in statements and transaction screens, you decrease the risk of having your account number(s) being captured by the wrong people.