A wire transfer is the direct movement of funds between credit unions and other financial institutions. Upon receipt, funds are typically made available immediately. Members may initiate a wire transfer in a branch by visiting one of our four locations or via remote channels. In this section, we will discuss how to initiate and / or receive a wire transfer.
- As part of Amplify’s 2022 fee-free banking initiative, wire transfers are now free to members.
- Wire transfers may be initiated by visiting a branch or by calling us at (512) 836-5901.
- You must contact Amplify before sending a wire transfer to receive the required paperwork.
- Cut off time to receive wire request is 2:00 pm CST, Monday – Friday. Requests received after this time or on Saturday will be processed the next business day.
- International wires may only be sent from a business account.
How Much Do Wire Transfers Cost?
In 2022, Amplify introduced fee-free banking to our members. As part of this initiative, most banking fees – including wire transfer fees – are now waived by the credit union. This means that member will not be charged a fee to initiative or receive a domestic wire transfer.
|Incoming Wire Transfers||$0.00|
|Outgoing Wire Transfers - Domestic||$0.00|
|Outgoing Wire Transfers - International (Business Accounts Only)||$0.00|
To learn more about the benefits of fee-free banking at Amplify Credit Union, visit the Fee-Free Banking page on our website.
How do I Receive a Domestic Wire Transfer?
Amplify does not charge an incoming wire fee - you will be credited with the full amount of the incoming wire. To receive a wire, you will need to provide:
- Amplify's ABA/routing number: 314977227
- Amplify's address and toll-free phone number:
- 3600 W Parmer Lane, Austin, TX 78727
- 1 (800) 237-5087
- Your account number which can be found in online banking, on your monthly statements or you can call us to get assistance in locating your account number.
How do I Receive an International Wire Transfer?
Amplify can receive incoming wires in US dollars only. Routing instructions for incoming wire transfers in US dollars:
- Wire Routing Transit Number: 314977227
- Bank Name: Amplify Credit Union
- Bank Address, City, and State: 3600 W Parmer Lane, Austin, TX 78727
- Beneficiary Account Number: Your complete Amplify account number
- Beneficiary Account Name and Address: The name and address of your account as it appears on your statement.
How do I Initiate a Wire Transfer?
To send a wire transfer you may visit us in a branch or call us at (512) 836-5901. To send a wire transfer you will need:
- The recipient's (individual or business) name, account number, phone number, and address.
- The recipient's bank name, ABA/routing number, and bank address.
Note that cut off time to receive wire request is 2:00 pm CST, Monday – Friday. Requests received after this time or on Saturday will be processed the next business day.
Before you decide to send a wire transfer, please contact our Member Support team. They will provide you with the paperwork needed to process your wire transfer in a timely fashion. Please note that Amplify uses DocuSign to collect signatures and member information for our wire transfers. If you are unfamiliar with DocuSign as a platform, we encourage you to check out this short video from the DocuSign team.
For a detailed walkthrough of the DocuSign process, please review the How To Complete a Domestic Wire Transfer Form article in our Help Center.