As a digital-first credit union, our goal is to put more power into the hands of our members. That is why Amplify is proud to let members manage their debit card activities with our new Amplify Mobile Card Control app. In this article, we will explain how to download and enroll in our app.
- The Amplify Mobile Card Control app is designed to give you greater control over your debit card experience.
- Members should use online banking to download and authenticate our debit card app.
- You can open the app in online banking by clicking on the Card Control button.
What is the Amplify Mobile Card Control app?
Amplify recently introduced the Amplify Mobile Card Control app to provide our members with greater control over their debit card activity. Once you register in the app, you unlock new card features, including:
- Locking and unlocking your debit card within the Amplify Mobile Card Control app.
- Setting in-app travel notices to prevent your transactions from being flagged as fraudulent while traveling.
- Customizing your debit card alerts by location, merchant types, transaction types, and spend limits.
- Viewing recurring payments on your card within 30 days of your most recent transaction.
To learn more about our debit card features, visit our Fee-Free Debit Card page on our website.
What are the steps to access the Amplify Mobile Card Control app?
Once you are ready to enroll in card controls, you will use the Amplify online banking app to download and authenticate your new card controls app. If you do not have our banking app on your mobile device, you can download it in Google Play or the App Store. You will also want to verify that you are on the current version of the Amplify Mobile app before attempting to log into the Amplify Cards app.
If you are starting from the Amplify Mobile app:
- Log into online banking using the Amplify Mobile app.
- Click on Card Control in the online banking menu.
- If you have not downloaded the card control app, this will open your mobile storefront and prompt you to download the app. You may need to click on Card Control a second time in online banking once the Amplify Cards app has successfully downloaded.
- If you have downloaded the card control app, this link will open the app and authenticate your Amplify credentials in card control.
- Follow the steps in the card controls app to verify your information.
If you are starting from the Amplify Mobile Card Control app:
- Click on Sign in with Amplify Credit Union to return to the Amplify Mobile Card Control app.
- Log into online banking using your member credentials.
- Click on Card Control from the menu again to link the two apps together and create your profile in Card Control.
- We recommend setting up a biometric login when prompted for Amplify Mobile Card Control so you can open the app directly in the future. Otherwise, clicking Card Control from the Amplify Mobile app will open and log you in to Card Control going forward.
What are the Amplify Mobile Card Control features?
When you enroll in our Amplify Mobile Card Control app, you will immediately unlock a brand-new set of debit card features. You will now be able to:
- Lock or unlock your debit card from inside the app.
- Set up a travel notice for domestic or international card activity.
- Review and control your spending based on the merchant, transaction location, transaction type, and more.
These features are designed to provide you with more control over your debit card experience at Amplify.
Why do I need to download a new app?
This new app has been specifically developed to give members a level of control they would not otherwise have in online banking. This app is optional for members and will have no impact on non-debit card transactions such as loan payments or direct deposits.
Why do I need to log into online banking before logging into the app?
No matter how you access the Amplify Mobile Card Control app, your account information can only be authenticated from inside online banking. Our goal is to make this process as simple as possible by encouraging members to use the online banking menu links throughout the entire process.