One of the most significant benefits of online banking at Amplify Credit Union is our mobile check deposit feature. Mobile check deposits have become the industry standard. Between work and family schedules, it can be challenging to find time to make it to an Amplify branch location. Nobody should have to delay their busy schedule just to add money to their bank account.
In this section, we'll discuss some of the mobile check deposit best practices. We'll also provide you with some troubleshooting options if you find yourself struggling to complete your deposit.
- Endorse your check and write "For AmplifyCU Mobile Deposit Only" on in the signature box.
- Photograph your check in a well-lit room.
How Do I Enroll in Mobile Check Deposit?
To get started using our mobile check deposit feature, you will first need to enroll in the service using the "Mobile Dep Enroll" link. This can be located under "Transactions" in the online banking sidebar. This can be done on either your desktop or your mobile device. Once enrolled, you will be able to use the "Deposit Check" tool in the "Transactions" menu.
How Do I Prepare My Check for Mobile Check Deposit?
Just as you would with a paper check, you will be required to endorse your check. This is done by signing the designated area on the back of your check. We also strongly encourage our members to include the following information in the signature box:
- "For AmplifyCU Mobile Deposit Only."
- Your Amplify Credit Union account number.
You can also check the box identifying this as a mobile deposit (if available). Failure to provide a proper endorsement may result in delayed processing or reversal of your deposit.
How Do I Ensure a Successful Mobile Deposit?
First, you'll want to verify that your phone's camera meets the technical requirements for mobile check deposit. You must have an auto-focus camera with at least 5 megapixels. Most modern cameras meet this standard, including the rear cameras on the iPhone 11 (12 MP), the Google Pixel 3A (12.2 MP), and the Samsung Galaxy S10 (16 MP). If you are not sure of the camera quality on your phone, check reviews of your phone for the camera specifications.
Otherwise, here are three things to keep in mind when taking photos of your checks.
- Take your photo in a well-lit room. Taking pictures in dark or poorly-lit places can cause the images to lose definition. If our system cannot recognize the check amount, it will ask you to keep retaking the photo.
- Place your check against a solid dark background. This contrast will improve the quality of your image. It will also allow your camera to focus on the numbers without the risk of additional glare.
- Align your check with the boxes on the screen. Every piece of information contained on your check, from the routing number to your signature, is essential. Make sure your photo captures both sides of the check.
- Use black ink in your endorsement. Avoid using brighter colors like red or green when signing your checks.
When Will My Funds Be Available?
Deposit funds added with the Amplify Credit Union app follow the same rules and processes as checks deposited in our branches. There may be some cases in which a mobile check deposit requires additional processing time. If you are trying to deposit a large amount or use the mobile check feature on a bank holiday, you may have to wait a few additional days before those funds become available.
What Do I Do With My Check After the Deposit Is Submitted?
Although rare, there are instances where we may need to review the physical copy of the check to complete your deposit. This is especially true when making high-dollar deposits into your accounts. As a safety measure, we recommended storing your deposited check in a secure place for 3-7 business days. This will give a record of your transaction in case there are any issues with the deposit.
While waiting for the process to be completed, write the date of the deposit on the front. Once you have confirmation that the entire amount has been made available to you, you may feel free to destroy the check.
What If I Encounter a Problem With Mobile Check Deposit?
If you’re logged into mobile or tablet banking and do not see “Deposit Check” under the Transactions screen, this could be caused by a few factors.
- You have not yet enrolled in Mobile Check Deposit.
- Your device may not support Mobile Check Deposit.
- Your device may be using an outdated operating system and/or an obsolete version of the Amplify CU app.
If your problems with this feature persist, please contact our support team at (512) 836-5901 or toll-free at 1 (800) 237-5087.